COVID UPDATE JANUARY 22nd 2021
With the end of the current restrictions for the greater Brisbane area, Queensland Health has issued updated Public Health Orders (attached) which will be in operation until further notice. As a result of these Orders the following will apply:
1. The back door of the Club will be open for bowlers as it has been applied previously.
2. Prizes will be presented in the Club after the game.
3. All bowlers must leave the Club via the front door
4. Provide details as requested.
5. The Club is operating under the 2sqm rule for all areas.
6. Patrons must observe the 1.5 m rule (Social Distancing).
7. If you are sick or have flu like symptoms stay at home.
8. If you have been tested for COVID-19 you are not to enter the Club until your test results are known.
9. There must be no congregating or unnecessary movement around the Club.
10. Personal hygiene encouraged (e.g. wash hands when required, use the hand sanitiser at regular intervals.)
In the current environment bowlers must not become complacent. We have done well so far, let’s keep it that way.
The arrangements for roll ups will not change.
Thank you for your support in keeping our club our neighbourhood and Queensland safe.
Ongoing restrictions for Queensland
• Gatherings: 50 people allowed to gather in homes and 100 in public spaces across Queensland.
• Indoor premises: One person per 2m2 (e.g. restaurants, cafés, pubs, clubs, museums, art galleries, places of worship, convention centres and Parliament House). Indoor play areas and unattended amusement and wellbeing machines) within a premises can open with a COVID Safe Checklist.
• Wedding ceremonies: Up to 200 people can attend a wedding and all guests can dance (both indoors and outdoors).
• Funerals: Up to 200 people can attend a funeral.
• Indoor events: 500 people permitted at indoor events with a COVID Safe Event Checklist. Larger events require a COVID Safe Plan.
• Ticketed venues: 100% capacity at seated, ticketed venues with patrons encouraged to wear masks on entry and exit (e.g. theatre, live music, cinemas and indoor sports). Performers can distance from audience at 2m, except choirs which remain at 4m from the audience.
• Outdoor events: 1500 people permitted at outdoor events with a COVID Safe Event Checklist. Larger events require a COVID Safe Plan.
• Open air stadiums: 100% seated capacity (with a COVID Safe Plan). All patrons encouraged to wear masks on entry and exit.
• Dancing: Dancing is allowed in all indoor and outdoor venues including outdoor music festivals, pubs, beer gardens, clubs and nightclubs, subject to the one person per 2m2 rule.
• Contact tracing information: All hospitality industry businesses (i.e. pubs, clubs, restaurants and cafés) in Queensland must comply with electronic contact information collection requirements.
• It is recommended that you must carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave home.
• You must wear a mask at airports and while travelling on planes.
• It is recommended you wear a mask when outdoors if you are unable to stay more than 1.5m distance from other people, such as busy walkways and thoroughfares. Children under 12 years are and people affected by a medical condition or disability are exempt.
COVID SIGN IN UPDATE – 23rd DECEMBER 2020
A new system of entry to and exit from the Club, has been implemented. This in in response to the government directive issued on Monday the 21st December 2020. No paper will be used for recording names, all recording is now electronic.
From Tuesday 22nd December, until further notice, all members will swipe their membership card on entry to the Club. This can be at the main entrance or as they enter the back door prior to bowls. Members, who are registered to play bowls, should only swipe their card once to signify that they have entered the Club e.g. If they enter the Club early for a bet or a drink, they swipe their card. They leave via the main entrance to pay their green fees they do not swipe their card. They enter through the back door; they do not swipe their card. Once all the formalities have concluded members will leave via the main entrance and they will swipe their card to signify that they are leaving.
All members must leave via the main entrance.
Roll ups: Members will swipe their membership card at Reception prior to rolling up and when finished return to reception and swipe again. Failure to do so may mean that roll ups are out for those members.
Visitors: Visiting bowlers must go through Reception and present their drivers licence. They will receive a printout which they will show to play.
Spectators: Spectators must sign in through Reception.
Any person who has forgotten their membership card must sign in through Reception. We appreciate your cooperation as we implement and manage these changes.
ENTRANCE FEE & ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION FOR 2020/2021
At the Annual General Meeting of the Club held on the 26th September 2020, the following fees were determined for 2020/2021.
Entrance Fee – $20.00
Annual Subscription – $85.00*
*($25 COVID Discount for renewing full members)
The Annual Subscription shall be deemed to be due and payable on the 1st November 2020 and shall apply for the period to 31st October 2021.
The Board may terminate the membership of any person whose subscription is two (2) months in arrears. Any person removed from membership, who desires re-admission, shall pay all arrears, not exceeding twelve (12) months subscription, and apply in accordance with the Club Constitution. Payment of a nomination fee may be waived at the discretion of the Board.