Throughout September the Club will be fundraising to support five foundations that help fund medical research into major cancers and diseases that unfortunately will touch the lives of most people – Brain Cancer, Prostate and Testicular Cancer, Blood Cancer, Breast Cancer and Parkinson’s Disease.
The Club will be donating all green fees from Wednesday bowls and will be holding a sporting memorabilia auction and a mega raffle. All money raised will be donated equally amongst all five charities. The auction will take place on Saturday 7th October from 4pm and the raffle will be drawn after the auction. Raffle tickets are $2 each and the winners don’t need to be present.
Each week, on Wednesday the Club will also have speakers that have been personally affected or whose lives have been touched by these diseases as well as providing information about the good works these five organisations do.
• Week 1: 28th August – 3rd September. Brain Cancer. Beneficiary: Piece of Mind Foundation Australia
• Week 2: 4th September – 10th September. Prostate and Testicular Cancer. Beneficiary: ANZUS Below the Belt Research Foundation
• Week 3: 11th September – 17th September. Blood Cancer. Beneficiary: Leukemia Foundation
• Week 4: 18th September – 24th September. Breast Cancer. Beneficiary: National Breast Cancer Foundation
• Week 5: 25th September – 30th September. Parkinson’s Disease. Beneficiary: Shake it up Research Charity